Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 18 - Truckin' Along

I went out to the house site on Friday afternoon to check out the action and take some chocolate chip cookies to the guys.  After saying hi and thank you to the crew, I was ready to leave and got in my car.  I fiddled with my phone a bit and looked up to find this sight in front of me.

This was one of three trucks that had backed in with loads of more dirt.  So, I had "5-year-old-boy" fun watching the trucks dump their loads............and

 waiting for the road to clear out when the trucks moved on to go back for another load.


The work on the foundation is going so well that our builder tells us we are ahead of schedule.  Great news!!! Here are a few shots as of Friday afternoon, Feb 1.

Filling in the Front Entry Porch

Pipes about to be covered

Cool New Piece of Digging Equipment

The other big news at the property was the addition of a picnic table and the builder's sign.  Guess we are truly official now since we have a potty, a dumpster, a picnic table, and a sign!!!

The Lunch Room

Very Official Looking Sign!!!!
Furry Friends of the Day

I'd like to introduce two more furry friends - wandering donkeys, Benny and Bucky.  When driving to our property, you often see these guys loitering on the side of the road.  They are "guarding" the longhorn cattle from all sorts of varmits.  They are always in close proximity to each other and bray loudly if they get separated.

Benny and Bucky





No comments:

Post a Comment